Monday, July 30, 2007

Where did I go wrong???!!!

"No Problem is so big, or so great, that it cannot be run away from!"
Linus – Peanuts Comic Strip


I have lived by this credo for most of my life. For the most part, it has served me well. Learning from the birds I love to watch, I’ve learned that tucking one’s head under a wing is a great way to ward off the unpleasantries that life or nature dishes out to you.

I’ve tried hard to teach this technique to my daughters, but they both seem hell bent on charging into trouble to tackle it head-on. And even though they may not realize it, they are amazingly successful at it. I have two of the most amazing daughters in the world. They are absolute polar opposites of each other, each with her own very different set of ‘issues’ and ‘qualities’. Yet they both seem to have amazing resiliency and strength that I feel like I can only stand back and admire. I am such a lucky mom.


I love you, Lisa and Andrea!

3 comments:

Jodi said...

And they're both beautiful to boot!

Anonymous said...

awwwww maaaaaam......i love her too!

kate said...

Aaaawwwww. Such sweet and pretty girls....they can't be much trouble, can they?? : )