Thursday, July 8, 2010

My little sweat shop....

Wednesdays and Thursdays are my usual days off. On my days off, I try to work in the yard, take Maggie for walks or hikes, and enjoy some relaxation time. But my sewing business seems to be going a little too well, so I'm spending my days off sewing like crazy. The problem is, it's been hovering around 100 degrees, and there is no A/C in Popeye's house.
*** Oops, I better back up for a minute!*** Let me explain something... Because of a blogging 'run in' with a wealthy person with a fitting name, I now change names on my blog. So,the nice man that is letting me stay at his house will now be called Popeye, because he fancies himself a sailor, but never seems to be on a boat. (Ever notice that about Popeye? He's always on land! What's up with that???)

OH! By the way - I did not have a stalker. I found out that - uh,.. I'll call him "Peter Richy" now -was the REAL thing. Silly me! I really did think he was some bored internet creep that was bugging me. But nope! He was the real thing.

Ok, back to sewing,... because there is no A/C in Popeye's house, and it's 100 degrees outside, and my sewing room is upstairs, facing due west, it's 100 degrees in my sewing room. But I have 4 jobs that need done, so escaping the heat is not an option. So I'm literally working in a sweat shop. But,... or should I say, BUTT, ... I turned on a fan, and I'm sewing in the BUFF!!!
EEEwwww! Just TRY to get that visual out of your head!!!

Bwaaa ha ha ha ha!!!!

At least I'm not including pics with this post! But there is that visual that your own mind will make, and it's probably far worse than photos!!! LMAO!!!

9 comments:

Jodi said...

Somehow you sewing in the nude just doesn't surprise or shock me. Isn't that odd? Glad you're getting some good sewing jobs though!

So how do you know that it wasn't a stalker and was the real deal???? And why the hell didn't you call and tell me all about it? You know how I love this stuff!

kate said...

Yeah, how have you FAILED TO MENTION THAT IT REALLY WAS THAT GUY who contacted you? And by the way, "some bored internet creep" was pretty accurate. He obviously googled his own name; how else would he have EVER found your blog?? What an ass. You guys should have sued HIM for ramming your boat.

As for you sewing in the nude? Doesn't surprise me either. :)

Dee said...

Yeah, phone call, details !

hmmmmm, thought about it --verrry briefly , and , I just hope you don't have a thief break in, you'll scare him straight ! He'll NEVER break into another house !

Jodi said...

Um, it's a bad thing to Google you own name? Not that I've ever done it of course...

Sheri said...

Oh Jody, it's nothing to be emarrassed about....we've all googled your name!!

Jodi said...

Hahahahaha! Pretty boring, eh?

Anonymous said...

I just came across your blog and absolutely love it! Your description of yourself "for half of my life I did what was expected . ." really hit home for me. We are definitely on the same wave length. Lookin' forward to following your blog. Thanks for sharing!!

C said...

it's funny! good luck!

C. said...

Good for you for sticking to it (pun kind of intended)...and trying to finish your projects in the sweltering heat! I too can sympathize when it comes to the butt sweats (especially when wearing polyester pants). I work in an office with no a/c and a flat roof covered in black roofing material, which gets the sun all day. My work area for some reason gets the worst of it. Hope the heat doesn't go on too long for you! Take care.