Wednesday, September 28, 2011

My goodness, it's been so long since I've posted a blog, I'm not sure I remember how to do it!  But I, like so many others, am sick and tired of facebook.  So let's see how this works.  I don't have many subscribers, so feel free to subscribe.  (It just makes me feel good to think people are reading it.)
 
So much has happened in the past year,... 
I'm still working for the same garden center, but I started doing all the buying of trees and shrubs this last spring, and now I'm also the Asst. Manager.  Actually, I think my official title is "Junior Assisant Night Manager In Training".  :o)
 
I've recently gotten back into bluegrass music, with a special appreciation for harmonica.  (wink!)
 
And.... if you know me, you'll never believe this,... but I've been COOKING for said harmonica player.   Yes, REAL cooking, like in a kitchen, with a stove an' stuff!  I made him an apple pie last week, and now I'm roasting a chicken!  (I had to touch raw chicken!  Eeewww!)  Geez, what is happening to me that I want to cook for him?  Well, not to worry,  I'm sure it won't last long. 
 
 
 

13 comments:

Dee said...

Welcome back !

Your pie looks delectable---and edible.--or is that redundant ? anyway, yummmmmmmmmm. Hope the chicken turns out as you hope.

kate said...

Oh fer cryin out loud. Don't even tell us about the new guy in your life until you send out wedding invitations. And actually, maybe not even then.

*snort!*

lisa said...

hahahaha im with kate

Linda said...

I'm not telling you about him, I'll sharing the fact that I am COOKING! Besides, I didn't use his name. I don't even bother to remember their names anymore.

JACKI said...

yay! look at us blog!!! and I agree, that apple pie looks like it could be out of a a magazine. YUMMERS!

ps... kate... yur next!

Linda said...

I just call 'em "Hey You" until I hit at least the 3 month mark. Then I might ask their first name. Nah, as Lisa said, it's just the flavor of the month.

JACKI said...

lmao @ Linda!!!!

Jodi said...

I can't believe she has you all fooled - you fools! She didn't make that pie, she took the picture off the Pioneer Woman's site. She may have baked a pie, but I can guarandamteeya that isn't her pie!

Anyway, nice to have you back. Blogs are so much nicer than Fb.

Now I'm going to go become your stalker, er, follower and put your blog link back on mine!

Jodi said...

Uh, how do I follow you? You don't have a button.

JACKI said...

damn, Linda! You DID fool me! I shoulda known!!!

kate said...

And she prolly stole that picture of a man-person off somebody else's website too. I think this is all part of some little fantasy!

But really Lala, it's cool that you're cooking and all, but now that you've taught him to expect it, you do realize you have to keep it up, right?? So hopefully you enjoy it...

Dee said...

You mean that pic isn't real------wellhell.


oh, and I like your blog---don't have to type a stupid word.

Linda said...

Oh man, I shouldn't be responding here, since I didn't take my Happy pill today. Ooo, listen to your instinct! Good idea.