Sunday, January 20, 2008

"Flowers are how plants smile." ~ Chinese Proverb

This is my AreoGarden. It's a marvelous
little contraption I got last year.
It grows plants hydroponically, indoors, any time of year.

Last year I grew herbs in it. But since I'm not a cook,
I didn't get much use out of them.
But it was fun to have something growing
green, healthy and happy - indoors!

I just re-planted it, and this time
I'm growing petunias!
I thought it would be a fun addition to my blog,
to occasionally put an updated picture of my indoor garden!

So this is how they start.
The seeds are in little sponges, and set down into the water.
You cover them with little domes until the sprout.
It says 6-12 days for petunias.
So next week I should be able to post a picture of my sprouts.
:o)

5 comments:

Jodi said...

I've seen those in stores. How cool and now you can feel like it's spring inside!

Dee said...

What a marvelous idea. Looks like you'll have lots of them and Spring will be IN your house before you know it. Atta girl !
What color, or are they mixed ?

Dee said...

By the way, I LOVE that picture of you !

Jodi said...

Oh, and you absolutely CANNOT be a Bounty Hunter named Lala. You'll have to come up with a new, mean nickname. You just couldn't walk up to a perp and say, I'm Lala and I'm here to take you to jail. Somehow that just doesn't sound right.

Jodi said...

I hope your plants will be smiling full of flowers for you very soon.

Just call on me and I'll sing you a song, with love from me to you.

Love you sister.

(ok, I won't sing you a song - that would not be good)