Sunday, March 9, 2008

“We are sisters. We will always be sisters.Our differences may never go away, but neither will our song.” ~ Elizabeth Fishel


My sisters and I decided a while back, that the next time we were all three together, we were going to do something wild and crazy - and get our noses pierced!
Well, this weekend was it! We did it! And aren't we cute?
It wasn't about putting jewelry in our noses. It was about doing something together. And together saying, "Even tho we are very different flowers, we are all from the same garden."
And individually, perhaps we each wanted to say, "Maybe, just maybe,... there's more to me than you realize."


“Both within the family and without, our sisters hold up our mirrors: our images of who we are and of who we can dare to be.” ~ Elizabeth Fishel

10 comments:

Jodi said...

Yep, we look pretty good! Mom even said she likes our noses. Great weekend, glad you were both here!

kate said...

Love those pictures! I'm going to try to steal them for my blog since I didn't have my camera!

kate said...

does my nose look like a penis?

Linda said...

There will be NO complaints about noses, nor will there be comments about certain sisters who have large noses!!!

Dee said...

Your noses are all beautiful and now are decorated ------ with heroism. and bravery.
Again, I am proud of you all--for so many reasons, and this is just another.

kate said...

Whodda thunk that mom would be PROUD of us for this?? Jeez, when I gave birth she was traumatized for YEARS....but this, she's proud of? go fig.

Dee said...

Actually, I still am traumatized by Anna's birth day. It was your "Oregon Obstetrician" that did it to me. You got over it , but I never will. Sure glad you didn't have another.

Linda said...

Yea, there was a lot less blood, and a WHOLE bunch of giggling and funny faces involved in the this event.

Dee said...

There were no funny faces nor giggling when Anna was born. And this time it was just a "sisters" thing and I'm glad I wasn't there.

kate said...

Mother! My doctor had nothing to do with it other than following MY wishes. I wrote up a "birth plan" and insisted she adhere to it. She'd never even done a natural childbirth before; I insisted there be no intervention, including no cutting. ahem.

But yeah, I don't think I'll be doing that again! :)