Friday, July 18, 2008

Me???

It's become common knowledge at work that I am on Match.com, and that I am actively dating and meeting a lot of new men. Most of the women at Al's are married, and therefore intrigued by what I'm doing. I get asked frequently about my "men" and, (it's so funny), they seem to gather in a group around me when I start telling a story about my 'latest find' or 'most recent weirdo'.

Yesterday, as I was talking to a few of them, one of them said, "Yeah, I have to live my life vicariously through you." What a hoot! The thought that ANYONE would want to live vicariously through ME, is so laughable to me. I have always had the most dull and boring life.

I guess I am kind of living the "female dream" right now. (2 or 3 dates a week, meeting a new man once a week or so....) I guess I need to remember that when those little "dark times" hit.

8 comments:

Jodi said...

Hey, it's not just the girls at work living their lives vicariously through you - we're all doing it! In fact, you really should post more about it on your blog so you can share with the family instead of just the girls at work - who OBVIOUSLY know more than I do! phhhhhht!

kate said...

Yep, I agree with Jodi. Post more!

And yes, to anyone who's been married a long time (and has grown tired of picking up dirty socks and watching her husband scratch his 'tocks) it's fun to imagine being wined and dined. So enjoy it while you got it, sister! :)

Dee said...

Well, you DO tell a story in the most interesting way----especially the "mongrels" are terribly funny. And that's the way to enjoy them, remember what and how they do so it can be told and retold.

Linda said...

Well, but Mom and Jodi kinda freak out about my dating. I'm too excited about someone, is it dangerous, etc. etc....

So I don't put much about my dating on here.

Linda said...

But then again, I WOULD like talking more about it on my blog. Mom, Jodi,... can you guys not freak out if I write more about my dating? Cuz if I write, I'm gonna tell it like it is. Course, it's all gonna be in a book someday anyway... (grin!)

Jodi said...

Hell yes, I want to hear about it! I only get upset when you find someone you like and they crap on ya. But, I guess I can handle it if you can.

Linda said...

Ok, But now I gotta get that same response from Mom.

Dee said...

YES, tell us more. Jodi and I are just trying to protect you and warn you. But we are extremely curious-----ok, nosey !