Thursday, October 9, 2008

A silver lining???

In the last few weeks
I've watched my wonderful friends and family
loose thousands and thousands of dollars
of their hard earned money in this market crash.
Everyone feels just sick, wondering what the hell to do.

As recently as a month ago,
I was stressing over having NOTHING
saved for my retirement.
No matter how hard I try to save,
between divorces, a bad business closure,
stupid decisions, and working for frickin' peanuts,
I continue to find myself with absolutely NOTHING.
ZIP.
But,...
The nice thing about being stone cold broke,
not having a dime of retirement,
and not having a pot to piss in,
is that I haven't lost anything
in this hideous fucking market mess.

I never thought I'd be grateful to be poor!

Yeee- fucking -haaw!!!


6 comments:

Sarah Dee said...

Oh my gosh! My eyes are watering from laughing so damn hard. I don't know why but it is really funny when my elders use profound language via the internet. :)

Linda said...

Sweet wonderful Sarah,... You make me laugh too. I use a lot of profound language... (giggle...)

kate said...

Ok, did Sarah Dee just refer to us as "ELDERS"?? God, now I'm really depressed.

That's a great silver lining, Lala! I know EXACTLY how ya feel!

I like it when you're profainly profound.

Sarah Dee said...

Ok. Ok. I'm blonde, gimme a break here guys. Ya'll knew what I meant. Profanity use on the internet is damn funny. Lets face it, so is profound language. :)

Dee said...

This is a great blog, in that it turned into comments about ( 1 ) profain profound language and ( 2) whether or not you are elders. Boing poor never came up again. I think we are all going to be in that same bracket ! This is a real leveler.

H said...

When did you guys turn Mormon???

;)