Saturday, October 20, 2007

I tried to see the Roloffs...



The 'Little People in a Big World' live with a LOT of mud and BIG raindrops!


It was POURING rain when Lisa and I first got there. The wind was howling and blew over a sign beside their farm's sign.


But we fearlessly braved the rain and made a run for the gift shop/farm tour depot. We found out that the family was all in school. And that the farm tours had just been canceled due to rain and mud. Go figure.



Well, I thought I'd at least get a few photos, so Jodi could see some of the farm. So I asked where the pumpkin launcher was, and they'd point to this thing. Then they said, "That's the trebachan." (sp?) So I asked again, "But where's the pumpkin launcher?" Again, they point to this thing. "But you said that was a trebachan!" Finally, the guy says, "Trebachan is french for pumpkin launcher!" Uh, yeah, I knew that...

So I didn't get to meet the Roloffs, but I did get a few pics of the farm. Next year, Jodi, you have to come over here and go with me. Okay?

6 comments:

kate said...

Oh man, welcome to your first Oregon winter. That first photo says it all.....

Dee said...

Yeah, and Winter isn't even there yet. It's just FALL. That means, the rain will FALL AND FALL AND FALL etc. etc. Got more yesterday didn't you ! Don't look up, you'll drown.
So the little people were hiding out, and knew better than to go out in the storm. But you got some great pics. Some day perhaps you can see the "pumpkin launcher" in action. Last year one of their workers got seriously injured by it.

Linda said...

Yes, they are building a new pumpkin launcher because 2 people have been hurt by that one.

Nice bunch of employees. Wish I could have met the family.

Dee said...

I have watched that program probably 2 1/2 times, but now I'm kinda interested, now that you live near them. Not in watching the show but perhaps seeing the farm some day. If I come to visit you, we should do that.

Dee said...

HEY EVERYBODY ! Heather got her hair cut shorter, and it is so cute.!!!!! Beautiful style, beautiful girl !
Heather, post a picture ! Please, let the girls see you. I love it !
You were beautiful before and beautifuller now.

Jodi said...

Wow, some rain! Wish I could have been with you - I'll be there next year! I didn't know they had Dippin' Dots there too! Just gets better and better. Thanks for making the effort and taking the pics - just some silly dream I've had for years!