Tuesday, October 2, 2007

"It isn't easy being green." ~ Kermit The Frog

I have some great help at work, keeping the bugs off my house plants. There are several tiny Pacific Tree Frogs that live in the house plant atrium that are my assistants. They do a good job eating bugs and enjoying the moist environment of the house plant area, and early in the morning, before we open, they sing for me.

One day, I had to take a bunch of gardenias out onto the loading dock to spray them for “scale”. (The one bug frogs can’t help me with.) As I plastered this plant with insecticide, one of the tiny green frogs bailed off the plant onto the floor. To my horror, I realized I’d just coated him with insecticide! I dropped my bottle of Mr. Yuk, and began pursuing the tiny frog. I knew I had to rinse him off or he’d die. But he was soooo fast! I chased him halfway across our huge loading dock, and past the hose with spray nozzle. Ah, ha! I didn’t have to catch him, just hit him with plenty of water. So then I was chasing him, all over the other half of the dock, sending water everywhere. The pursuit finally ended when I corned him against the far wall, a box, and my foot. I gave him (and my foot) a good gentle shower, and I am convinced he lived to see another day.


However, when I turned around, the loading dock foreman, Greg, was standing there with his hands on his hips.

“F-frog,… there’s a frog here. I accidentally sprayed him with insecticide. I HAD to rinse him off….” I said, standing there in a puddle, one leg soaked nearly to my knee.

Greg just shook his head and walked off. I figured I’d get called into the Manager’s office later and get a talking to about soaking the loading dock. But I never heard anything. I guess Greg likes frogs, too.

6 comments:

kate said...

Aaawwww. That's a cute story. And a great visual! Dan must be a big softy too.

Good job, sis!!

Anonymous said...

Dag nab it. Will you PLEASE take that "booger" picture off???

Jodi said...

Well thank God we got past the snot picture - that was makin' me SICK! I agree with "anonymous"! I think it might be Sue's sister Sheri - although that sounds awfully polite to be Sheri...

Dee said...

That IS a cute story and I'm glad you got a "Katcha" recognition ! Good job !!!!!!!!!

Do you think Sheri would say Dag nab it ????? I think its Bob.
Who ever, I agree, its icky !

Linda said...

It's not a "booger" picture, it's snot! BIG difference! See, snot is runnier. Big difference in their viscosity. Snot is somewhere between water and pudding. Whereas Boogers are basically solid. They have the viscosity of something between pudding and solid rock. And if I'm going to go into business at this, it's important to know the difference. I'll keep you all posted as I learn more.

He, he, he!

P.S. I think Anonymous was Julie!

Jodi said...

Well, once again, I just don't know what to say about any of this. 'Cept, you're makin' us all sick!