Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Christmas has become so materialistic...

My sweet Martin had a wonderful Christmas idea. We were both talking about how disappointed we were that Christmas has become so commercial. It's all about shopping and spending, not giving and doing. He also knows I wont be able to buy much in the way of Christmas gifts this year, so he suggested doing something special together,... volunteer work,... together. So that's what we are doing, probably at the Idaho Food Bank or the VA Hospital. But we are going to give back, together. I love that idea.
I just adore this guy.

8 comments:

JACKI said...

ah, that is sweet. We really do tend to forget what Christmas is all about. I can admit, I know I get caught up in the hussle n' bussle of Christmas shopping. Trying to buy find the best deals & perfect gifts.

Good for you guys!

kate said...

So wait. Does that mean I don't get a present this year?

heehee

No, really, I think that is AWESOME. That IS the true spirit of Christmas. He sounds like a wonderful guy. Possibly a keeper.

Dee said...

That is a marvelous idea. You have to volunteer early as so many people want to do the same. So, get with the program.
He is a thoughtful, kind person ! Good for Martin !

Jodi said...

What a wonderful day to help someone else. This year, the Turner family Christmas is a recycle/reuse event. Everyone will be bringing a book they've read or a DVD they've watched and loved and trading instead of buying gifts. A great idea!

Linda said...

Wow! I like that idea Jodi! We ought to do that!

JACKI said...

YOU'S BEST BE TELLEN US WHAT THE ULTRASOUND SAYS ASAP!

Sarah Dee said...

I like to re-gift. You should try it. Its really funny when you accidentally give people the gift they got you. Payton is getting all the presents he got at his birthday.. so if you haven't seen that awesome Dinosaur around lately that is why! haha. :)kidding.

Sarah Dee said...

I like to re-gift. You should try it. Its really funny when you accidentally give people the gift they got you. Payton is getting all the presents he got at his birthday.. so if you haven't seen that awesome Dinosaur around lately that is why! haha. :)kidding.