Friday, January 23, 2009

More snow???

That's it! Hooty's going back to sleep 'til July!
(or until next time I have something brilliant to say!)

Oh, wait! First I have to tell you my first installment of my sister Jodi's "Remaking America" challenge,...
Yesterday, I had a customer come in who had a jacket on hold for several days. She called daily and asked if it were on sale yet, and then would ask me to hold it 1 more day. Finally she came in to get it. She was disappointed that it hadn't gone on sale, but she loved it so much and it was warm and snuggly. I could tell that the money was an issue, so I pulled out a used coupon, and told her I was giving her $20 off her coat. Oddly, she turned and walked away for several seconds... then came back. I could tell she was trying to hide tears. She thanked me profusely and said, "You have no idea what we've been through lately, but this means so much. Thank you." She didn't go into any details, she simply let me know that the gesture was appreciated. It made me feel really good.

5 comments:

Jodi said...

I'm glad you had the opportunity to do that. It evidently helped her more than you knew!

Dee said...

Good one. You are such a softie! This is going to be fun seeing what everyone comes up with ----- it may become a habit !

JACKI said...

ahhh... thats so cool. I bet that made you feel sooooo good. Good job!

kate said...

Yaayy!! That's a great story; good job, sister!!

Dee said...

Poor Hooty----how she dislikes snow !