Monday, January 19, 2009

Things I learned from my Mother....

Both my sisters posted a list of things they had learned from our mom, so,... here is my list.

She taught me how to sew when I was just 7 years old.
She taught me how to knit.
She taught me how to dress "snitzy".
She taught me how to dance funny.
She taught me age is only a number, and it's possible to stay young and healthy.
She taught me to sit and stand up straight.
She taught me to eat with my mouth closed.
She taught me that being a good mother is the hardest job I'll ever love.
She taught me that a good parent is never really an empty nester, because kids NEVER really go away!!!
She taught me to enjoy singing and that singing equals happy.
But above all else, she always taught me by example,... wonderful, silly, beautiful, (and usually dignified,...) example.
I love you, Mom!


3 comments:

Jodi said...

Nice!

Notice how she didn't teach ANY of us to cook!

Your next ad for a man should start off with "Looking for someone to cook..."

kate said...

Hahahahaaaa!!! It's true! And then she has the NERVE to act disgusted that none of us cook dinners for our husbands. Hmmpphh. ;)

Dee said...

Awwww, that was sweet. Thank you, my love.
Well, I taught Kate to cook. When she left home she could make French Toast and spahgetti. That's 3 meals right there if you move the pasta meal around.
I don't know about dignity. I was just trying ( in public ) not to look foolish, but that didn't work either !
Thank all of you girls. That was very kind of you.