Sunday, February 8, 2009

My birthday is coming, time to take a look at my bucket list...

I am about to turn 50 years old. Half a century. WOW!
But I am totally cool with it, because, I have gotten to do sooo much in the past few years that I never dreamed I would. I now know that I CAN do such things, and my bucket list is entirely possible.

These things on my bucket list I have not yet done, but below that is another list...

My Bucket List:

1. I am going to visit at least one country that is NOT on this continent.
2. I am going to fly, meaning sky diving or hang gliding - or AT LEAST para-sailing.
3. I am going to scuba dive.
4. I'm going to attempt to summit at least one glaciated mountain peak.
5. I'm going to South or Cental America to photograph humming birds.
(This one was actually on Dad's list, but I'm gonna do it for him.)
6. I am going to sail a sailboat on the ocean.
7. I'm going to see an orca in the 'wild'.

Now, here is the second list.
These things were not on my bucket list, they are just a list of things that I have gotten to do in the last 3 years that, just 4 years ago, I would have never dreamed I’d ever do. But I've done 'em!

1. Sail a sailboat on the Columbia River.
2. Live in Portland, OR.
3. Be a member at a nudist resort – it was great, and I learned that I can be comfortable in my own skin.
4. Go to a live NFL football game.
5. Date a millionaire.
6. Eat lamb, duck, tomato soup, asparagus, cous cous, eggplant, salmon, and lots of other foods that I have never touched.
7. Own my own motorcycle.
8. Eat dinner on the roof of a building while watching the sun set on the Oregon Coast.
9. Drink wine that cost $200 per bottle – it was pretty good.
10. Live in a place without power or running water - I LOVED it!
11. Feel my granddaughter kick and squirm inside my daughters round tummy.
12. Eat dinner on a high-rise balcony over looking downtown Portland.
13. Sit in a remote and beautiful hot springs on a cold snowy day, enjoying wine, cheese and crackers.
14. Be flown to southern California for a mini vacation.
15. Become a liberal nature-hugging recycle natzi. (Kemit was wrong, really, "it is easy being green.")
16. Actually put my hand on a Greek relic that was over 3,000 years old.
17. Cross country ski.

Not bad for 3 short years. Just imagine what that list will look like 3 years from now!

Life is goooood.

3 comments:

Jodi said...

It's amazing to look at some of the things we've been fortunate enough to have done in our lives. You've got to make sure the second 50 are just as eventful!

JACKI said...

wow! You have gotten to do some pretty amazing things! I do have to admit, though, that I LOL'd about the nudist part.

Dee said...

You are soooooo brave ! Never mind the plan to jump out of or off of a high place, or sail in dangerous waters, etc------its taking off the clothes in----

P U B L I C ! ! !