Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I love the ocean during the off season.

When my sister, Kate, lived on the Oregon Coast, my favorite time to go visit her was during the winter months, when the tourists are all warm and snug at home.

So it made sense that February, (and also my 50th birthday), would be a wonderful time to go cruise around the San Juan Islands.


Roche Harbor

The actual lime kilns from the late 1800's at Roche Harbor, (which is now a tourist resort).
















A very old building (which has been preserved in a state park), shows the age of the use of these islands.


















What a great way to celebrate the big 5-0!
My 50's are gonna be good.

4 comments:

Dee said...

Love the pics, and you must have had a beautiful trip.
Yes, your 50s will be the best ! And believe me, you do and will look better than that poor old building. ----- That's the last thing we saw before you Hoo-rahed yur 50s.
yeaaaaaaaaaaaa 50s !

kate said...

I'm so glad you got to go up there! It's such a beautiful area and like you said, best when the tourists are gone.

Yay for the big 5-0!!

Jodi said...

Well, I have to say, they've definately been two of the most interesting years of my life!

H said...

lol... two years you've been 50?? ;)

That sounds like it was a fun trip. I really enjoyed Oregon the last two times I was there. It'd be nice to go back someday.

Are you getting excited for your granddaughter to get here??? :)