Sunday, February 15, 2009

My Koby Baby...

Throughout my daughter Lisa's pregnancy, she and I have both noticed that it's difficult to find dolls, icons, pictures, etc. of babies "with brown faces", as we call them. (That's what Lisa called her first African American playmate, "that little girl with the brown face.") But at Babies R Us , she got a package of samples when she registered, and it came in a box that had a picture of a baby "with a brown face on it". Lisa grinned and said, "My Koby is gonna be this cute!" She's hung on to the box, mostly because of the picture on it.

Well, a few weeks ago she came home with some tiny little overalls, and she fussed over how cute they were. So the first chance I got, I went in, and laid them out on her bed with a cute little shirt under it. I added some little pink shoes from Lisa's collection, and then realized my little manequin needed a face, so I grabbed the little box, and added a hat to it. Suddenly, I'd created Koby! When Lisa saw "my Koby baby" on her bed, she burst out laughing, and absolutely LOVED it. She took a picture which she emailed to several of her friends.

So how cute is our little Koby!!!

Well, if it works to get a reaction once, it will work twice, right? So a few days later, I dug into Lisa's clothing collection again, and made another Koby baby. I got a little more creative this time, adding props and a pose.
This Koby received a great squeal of glee and more giggles and laughter.

So a couple of days ago, I made this Koby for Lisa.
Notice how she's holding the frog around his neck, just the way a little kid really would.

Isn't our little Koby baby gonna be adorable????
I think Lisa now just WAITS to find the next Koby baby on her bed.
We do manage to entertain each other and have fun together!

I can't wait for Koby to come!!!

7 comments:

Jodi said...

What an awesome post! I can't WAIT to see Koby - and hold her and love her and smell her and rock her and....

You really need to save those pictures for Koby when she's older. She'd love them!

Dee said...

How adorable is that ! And what a wardrobe that sweet child is going to have----she'll never wear the same thing twice----Lisa will be playing with her like a doll.
What a darling idea to make a Koby for Lisa to find---you have the most marvelous imagination !
Thanks for sharing those cute pics.

H said...

Koby is gonna be beautiful. Most interracial children are and she'll be no exception! :) I can't wait to meet her!

When's the baby shower? And is she already registered at Baby's R Us?

Anonymous said...

Linda, that's frickin hilarious. I love it!

Anonymous said...

MY favoritest NIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEECE!!!!!!!!!

I cant wait for her! :D

only 60 days to go--- Hurry up and be done baking, Koby! -pout-

Jodi said...

Only 11 hours 53 minutes until it's below 60 days for Koby to arrive!

kate said...

You are so funny! Our baby is going to be gorgeous!!! Those outfits are adorable!!