Monday, September 21, 2009

I found Cindy Ward!

My sister, Jodi, recently helped me locate my childhood best friend, Cindy Ward. Cindy and I were very best friends the summer before 1st grade when I met her playin' on the tree swing at Shirly's house, until we moved from Garden Valley at the end of 7th grade.  We've not seen each other since.
Well, as luck would have it, Cindy Ward-Suzumura is living in Seattle, about an hour and a half from Anacortes where I am now living!  I have thought about Cindy sooooo much over the years, I've wanted to find her for so long, so what a thrill to finally find her, and so close by!

She does not look 50!  She still looks just the same I swear!

I'm taking Sid to the airport in Seattle on Tuesday, (He going to FL to find us a boat!), so Cindy and I are meeting for dinner and drinks!  Two childhood best friends, meeting again after 37 years. 
Oh man do we have some catching up to do! 

Three childhood friends from Garden Valley - reunited through Facebook.


Cindy Ward-Suzumura,  Linda Pogue-Harrison,  Joy McBride-Streight
Hooray for FACEBOOK!

4 comments:

Jodi said...

Well how fun is that! Have fun!

Linda said...

Thanks Sis!!!

kate said...

She does look exactly the same!!

Can't wait to hear about your dinner! Be sure to take pictures (have someone take a picture of both of you together.)

Dee said...

That is the greatest ever. After all this time. She must have been SOOOOOOO surprised to hear from you !
I'm so glad you got together and had a good time remembering and catching up ! She looks so cute.


( I like your bangs )