Thursday, September 3, 2009

Well Hello Joy!

A child-hood friend found me on face book, Joy McBride. Yes, the one that drug me off to ‘camp’, where I got so DREADFULLY homesick. LOL!!!
(I swear she looks so much like her mother did.)

It's been fun emailing back and forth, and learning about each other.  

Her parents just celebrated their 60th Anniversary and they are both 81!  Wow. 

Joy lives in Nampa.  She has 2 sons and 1 daughter.  One son is a Marine over in Afganistan.  One is in college at - you guessed it - NNU, and her daughter is a senior in high school. 

Facebook is so cool.

Now, if I could only find Cindy Ward.  I have been thinking about her for years, and I even have dreams about her.

4 comments:

Dee said...

That is so wonderful ! Good ol' facebook. Its amazing how people find each other. I remember Joy, she was a sweet girl. Tell her Hi for me.

kate said...

Yep, that's awesome! I was just telling mom today how Facebook has been like a big ol' class reunion for me. It's been fun. Sic Jodi on finding Cindy Ward. If anybody can find her, Jodi can!

Linda said...

Jodi! Find Cindy for me!

Jodi said...

She'd be real easy to find. I'll find her in the next few weeks!

So glad you found Joy! What a wonderful surprise!