Monday, September 7, 2009

My first month in Anacortes

One month ago, I packed my little Kia Rio, with as much as it could possibly hold, and headed for Anacortes.




Believe it or not, I got a large parrot cage and stand, a clothes hamper, a small computer table, my laptop, a box of books, my sewing machine and large chest full of sewing supplies, along with all my clothes, coats, shoes, and my parrot Gracie, all in/on that little car.

So let me tell you about my new roommates. Sid has 2 cats, Scamp and Sarge, (Sergeant Pepper), and a 6 month old Australian Shepherd, named Bo, (Mr. Bojangles). Sarge is a grumpy ol’ fart that has terrible allergies and sneezes cat snot everywhere. Scamp is pretty cool, (for a cat), but is a stealthy hunter which is kinda sad. (He has caught everything from quail to humming birds!) Then you add my prema-donna parrot to that mix, and you have my new home.

With all these animals, there are toys everywhere. So the day I got here, I went into the bathroom to take a pee, and I’m sitting there on the toilet, and I look down and see this cute little toy beside my foot. At first I thought was a mouse, then I realized it was supposed to be a mole because he had those funny little feet and that weird nose that moles have. He was very cute. He looked so real and he had soft looking brown fur. So I reached over and picked him up. He was soft, and very real looking.  Well made and obviously still new, he hadn’t been chewed up and mangled yet. I walked past the mole about an hour later, and decide to see if he was a squeaky toy. I picked him up again and squeezed him, no squeak, but he DID feel like he was filled with some sort of ‘gel’ tho, which was creepy feeling, so I dropped him back on the floor and walked off.


Later that evening, Sid came out of the bathroom and said, “Hey, did you see Scamps latest catch?”

“What catch?”
“The mole,… Scamp caught a mole. How do you suppose he got that?”


- stunned silence from me -


“ A real mole? That was a REAL, dead mole???”
“Yea, so you saw it? And you just left it there on the floor?”
“AAaaahhhh!!!!!”    I ran to the sink and began washing my hands.

“EEeeewwwww!!! I thought it was a TOY! I even squeezed it to see if it squeaked!!!”
I scrubbed furiously....

I looked at Sid hoping to get concerned sympathy,... but he laughing so hard he almost blew beer out his nose.  BUTTHEAD!!!


(I'll do more on my first month later.  Gotta run to Costco, got company coming for a week.)



5 comments:

Dee said...

How could you possibly NOT KNOW that was a real animal. !
ewwwwwwwwwwwww !
Of course Sid will keep you around-you are so amusing !

Unknown said...

HA! Watch out for Gracie, she could be next!

JACKI said...

OMG LMAO!!! Thats funny!

kate said...

Hahahahaa!!! Oh my god. That's good. I'm surprised it didn't try to bite you when you squeezed it!

Dee said...

Kate, it was "sleeping"----you know like all the animals beside or in the middle of the road.

Oh, I get it----like all the "dead" animals your Dad used to bring home. Like the dead owl that flew around the house!