Saturday, February 16, 2008

I have bush tits!

Oh, my gosh, they are so tiny and cute!
We have a suet feeder out back, and the last 2 days, there have been about 12 or 15 of these tiny, indistictly marked little birds all over it. It took a while to figure out what they were because they have no wing bars or eye rings or anything other than their tiny beaks to identify them. (And their tiny size, they're only about 4" long and about 1/2 of that is tail.)

Here's a better picture of a bushtit.
Aren't they cute??? I LOVE SPRING!!!
"Every year, back comes Spring, with nasty little birds yapping their fool heads off and the ground all mucked up with plants.”~ Dorthy Parker (isn't that funny!)

I've also recently seen a scaup and a shoveler!
Scaup on left
and
Northern Shoveler on right.
(I didn't take these photos.)

I love being over here in Oregon, where I am seeing new and different birds all the time!!!

4 comments:

kate said...

And you payed good money for those, too.

buh dum pah! Thank you! I'll be here all week!

Dee said...

You have WHAT ????
Watch out for sneaky people with pruning shears !

Jodi said...

Eeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwww! Sounds like some nasty mixed up body parts!

What cute little guys! I want bush tits! Mom, you get more birds than I do, do you have bush tits?

Dee said...

Nope, just doves, robins and Gold finches. The Finches are so sweet looking. And deer tracks. No deer, just tracks, ----- how they got there I don't know.