Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Questions and Answers

My sisters and I are having problems coming up with things to blog about, so we are asking and answering questions of each other.

1. If you could have one magic power, what would it be and what would you do with it?
I would like to be able to apparate. (Not sure if I spelled that right.) I’d like to be able to disappear from one place and appear in another. I’d use it to go visit my family anytime I wanted. I could get to work and home again without fighting traffic. Lots of good uses for that one! It would have been great to have when my daughters were teenagers too. I could have checked up on them anytime.

2. What is the most embarrassing thing that's ever happened to you?
Cheap undergarmets. I was never one to spend money on something that nobody ever saw, so they’d get in pretty bad shape before I’d replace them. Well, One day, I had just finished work and stopped at Albertsons to buy some milk or something. I was standing there looking pretty “together”, wearing a very nice, expensive suit. But my ½ slip was very old, and all the elastic was stretched out at the waist. So as I was in line it did what a slip does, and slipped. Right down around my ankles. Well, what’s a person to do. I stepped out of it, picked it up, stuffed it in my purse, and grinned at the man in line behind me. He was trying very hard not to die laughing.

But the worst was back when I was working at Fred Meyer. One day I was in the back room (thank gob) and as I was walking along, something slid down my pant leg and out onto the floor. One of the guys there was walking behind me. He picked up a pair of ratty looking, holey underwear (that I’d worn the day before, and obviously was still in my pant leg), he said, “Eeeeww! I think you dropped these, and from the looks of ‘em they must be your favorites!” And threw them at me! (I think that is worse than the Jumpin’ Farts!)
I win! I win!

3. Name one or two things that scare you that you'd like to try this year (or at some point in your life.)
Sailing on the ocean. Yes, it kind of scares me, but I hope to get to do it. And I’d kind of like to try skydiving – But I doubt I’ll be doing that this year!

4. If you could talk to 2 people who are dead, who would it be and what would you ask him/her or what would you talk about?
I’d love to talk to Dad, again. I have a lot of things I’d like to ask, and a lot I’d like to tell him. I think I’m so much like him, it’s scary. I’d like to talk to Bob’s Dad – because I’d like to beat the hell outta the little skunk. And I’d like to talk to his mother, because I’d like to ask her what the HELL she was doing during Bob’s childhood and why in Gob’s name did she not own a baseball bat. I’d also like to talk to Princess Di, just to tell her that we loved everything she was, and we miss her.

5. Other than your children, what have you accomplished in your life that you're most proud of?
Well, hmmm,… I think I’ve learned to be a better person. More patient, more open minded, more conciderate.

So here are MY two questions for Jodi and Kate.

6. Other than losing a family member, what scares you most?

7. Where is the funniest or most unusual place you’ve ever had sex?

9 comments:

kate said...

Ok. HOW IN THE HELL IS IT POSSIBLE THAT WE HAVE NEVER HEARD THE UNDERWEAR STORY BEFORE??? Oh my god. You two are killing me. KILLING ME.

kate said...

And about your question?? Our MOTHER reads these blogs. I've only had sex ONCE, when Anna was conceved. Alright??

Jodi said...

I call that teleporting. I can already do that.

That was fun. So Kate, what do we do now. We did all that in one day. Now what? Do you ask more questions or what?

Loved the underwear story. Yea, how come we've never heard that before???

kate said...

Hell, I dunno. I guess I'll come up with another question, and we'll keep going until we get a) bored or b) come up with something else to amuse ourselves/each other.

Linda said...

Waitdamnminnit! You two did NOT answer MY two questions!

Jodi said...

WHAT? Yes we did! We both answered them last night. There's a picture of a lovely kitty on mine where I answered your questions.

Dee said...

Don't leave anything out on my account. I'm strong. I've heard everything, I'm just hearing some of it from my girls. Verrrrry in-ter-est-ing ! I'm lovin' it all !

But I ain't gunna tell you any of mine. Maybe I'll write a book that you can read when I'm gone. and then you 'll say 'MOTHERRRRR !"

Dee said...

Everyone would like to talk to their Dad, well, actually I would too. I'd ask him a lot of questions----we'd have a long conversation and I would do most of the talking----for a change. He was the talker !

Jodi said...

Ok, tell us your thoughts about Belize on your blog! Also, I think you probably want to be looking at the Stann Creek District. It's closer to the beaches than Cayo. There are some rivers in Stann Creek where you can travel by boat right to the ocean too! Would be great to find a small farm with river frontage - there's plenty of them!

Cayo is more remote, more wildlife, but Stann Creek sounds awesome too.