Friday, February 29, 2008

This is it!


I've found it! This is the perfect way for me to get to climb Mt. Hoot!
It's called
Reach the Summit .
It's a mountaineering program that benefits the American Lung Association.

It's a program that meets, trains, and then guides novice climbers to the top of different PNW peaks (Mt Hood is one), while raising money for the American Lung Association.

Reach the Summit puts together training hikes and technical training days for the next 3 months. They provide all the food, shelter and the technical equipment for the climb. Then, the end of June - we climb Mt. Hood as a team!!! It would certainly be a great way to test out these lungs since I quit smoking 2 years ago!

It's a pretty popular program, so I have to raise $3,200 in sponsorships to do it. They're summit success rate is 94%. Climbers in past years have ranged in age from 17 to 60. I could actually DO this! I could have a photo of ME doing this!--->

If I'm going to do it, I need to sign up ASAP. What do you think? Should I do it? I'll have lots of training to do I know. Thank Gob I've already lost 15 lbs! (You know you all are gonna get hit up for sponsorships if I do it!)

6 comments:

Jodi said...

You go girl! I'll help sponsor you! Send emails to everyone you know or have known, including the folks at DG, all the folks you work with now, etc. I'm ALL for you crossing something off your bucket list!! Good for you!

kate said...

YES!!!! That is so cool, sister! You can totally do it; and in training you'll get into the best shape of your life. And that's really not that much to raise.

This is BIG, when you think about it: think about where you were 5 years ago....and to think you can do THIS now because of the risks you've taken. It's all coming together. I'm proud of you, sister! Yahooo! My sister the mountaineer!

I lupper!

Dee said...

Isn't it wonderful all the support you get from people who sit on their butts and don't have to do any of the work ? Well, I'm right there with them in every respect. I SUPPORT you, entusiasticly, and financially as well. And , I'll be sitting on my butt reading all about your training and climb ! Good luck !
lupper, too !

Dee said...

rats, forgot the "h".
enthusiasticly.

Jodi said...

Well, climbing some big frickin mountain and freezing my arse off has NEVER BEEN, AND NEVER WILL BE, on my bucket list - but I'll support the hell out of YOUR desire to do it!

Hazelrah said...

Great post! I've been thinking about doing the exact thing and I stumbled onto your blog. :)