Sunday, February 24, 2008

My Bucket List


With the passing of my 49th birthday,
(and therefore my youth, Glob rest it's soul...
),
I've decide it's time...
I've never officially put it into writing until now, but here is my
"Bucket List".
(These are not just things I want to do,
these are things I am GOING to do before I kick the bucket.)





1. I am going to visit at least one country that is NOT on this continent.




2. I am going to fly, meaning sky diving, hang gliding or AT LEAST para-sailing.














3. I am going to scuba dive.



4. I'm going to attempt to summit at least one glaciated mountain peak.
(probably Mt. Hood, it's only 11,000 ft.)
by comparison: Rainier is 14,000 -
Denali is 20,000 - Everst is 29,800


5. I'm going to South or Cental America to photograph humming birds.


(This one was actually on Dad's list, but I'm gonna do it for him.)



This list is not all-inclusive, there are other things I want to do, and intend to do as well. But these are the more difficult ones that I'm GOING to do!


Have you made a Bucket List?

3 comments:

Jodi said...

Hmmmmmm.

Now that I've researched it so much, I definately want to see Belize and all it's wildlife and sealife.

I want to scuba dive.

I want to drive across the United States and see as much of it as I can.

I want to have a place where I can own horses, and goats, and birds, and all kinds of farm animals.

Hmmm, isn't this interesting, it's all very doable!

kate said...

Well ya better hurry, you've probably only got a few years left on ya! Bwaahahahahahaahahahaaa!!!

As far as your "glaciated peak", I'd suggest one of the 3 Sisters. We climbed South Sister when we lived in Eugene...it's doable...although I did think I was gonna die a couple of times.

Scuba Diving: Hello! This one's easy. Just come to your sister's wedding in Hawaii, fools. Jodi, you were gonna go to Belize but now you're not. So you can spend that money coming to Hawaii.

I'll come up with my Bucket List soon.

Dee said...

Tops on my bucket list: live to age 95 ( at least, if I'm healthy).
Other stuff I have to think about as I'm so content here in my beautiful home.