Tuesday, August 26, 2008

I think I told you about Doug,...

...although at the time, I think I just called him "the mortgage broker from Seattle".

This is the one I mentioned very casually when I was in Boise for Mom's Birthday. (It's been arranged for a LONG time!) My friend, Bridget from work, set us up. Doug and her husband, Frank, have been buddies since high school, and although they emailed from time to time, they had not seen each other in several years.




We had SUCH a wonderful time. We went out for a wonderful dinner, and then went dancing. I stayed up until 2 AM!!! Doug is such fun. He's very funny and very sweet.



And it true hillbilly form, (you'd be proud sis!), I asked why we parked on the corner in what was obviously not a place to park.... Bridget whispered,... "Valet parking...."
Oh, yeah,... I knew that.
We got that sorta thing over there in idaho... some feller comes outta Jakes Tavern and moves yer John Deere outta the way so that George can git his truck up close to show off the 5 point buck he bagged that mornin'. ...I think its the same thing!

3 comments:

Dee said...

Oh, Lala, you are such a clown ! And , yes, a country hick ! Ain't got no sav wah fair !
Doug is a cutie and if you ever date again it will be like "MY Fair Lady"-----we'll see if he can turn you into one !

kate said...

Doug is cute but you are ADORABLE!! That is a beautiful dress! Meow!!

Jodi said...

You look like you had such a good time!