Friday, August 8, 2008

...whimper...

Well, I went to my Doctor yesterday to get the results of my ultrasound. The good news is, there are no cysts or other odd growths that are causing my problems. I just have developed a uterus that seems to think it needs to be an over-achiever!
She said there is a procedure called Endometrial Ablation that she though would be a good possibility to try before going the hysterectomy route. They basically burn out the lining of the uterus. Eeeewww! It sounds dreadful, but apparently, it's much less invasive that the hysterectomy. The down time is much shorter, only a couple of days vs a few weeks.
What the heck!
I'm game.
Let's do the controlled burn!

7 comments:

Jodi said...

Well, whatever you have done, it'll just be nice to get it over with!

kate said...

NICE VISUALS, SIS. Geez...blow torch?? Are you trying to give us a heart attack?? I'm glad it's nothing more than an "over-achiever" of a uterus (ha!)...but it still doesn't sound like a ton of fun.

When does this happen?

Linda said...

Not sure yet, got to schedule it with work, weddings, Lisa's schedule, etc...

Yea, I liked the visuals. I'm SUCH a drama queen! And that's not a blow torch, it's a flame thrower.

Unknown said...

I think my mom had that done a really long time ago... I'll have to ask her.

With all our modern technology you'd think they'd be able to point a laser beam at our bodies and fix everything without being invasive at all. I hope it goes well for you...it doesn't sound like fun but if it gets you healthy then that's all that matters!

Dee said...

I thought your visuals were the modern technology ! Obviously the doctor pictured has a lovely, gentle bedside manner and the flame thrower WILL do the job. I gar-un-teeee, you won't have ANY problems afterwards.

Linda said...

Oh, Gob, Mom,... You CRACK me UP! I'm sitting here just laughing! You're insane...


I mean, seriously,... how many people have a mom so cool that she'd say stuff like that!!!!

LMAO!!!!!

Dee said...

I'm just glad you have all that modern tech stuff------they didn't have that when I was your age !

LMAO