Wednesday, April 28, 2010

"I feel pretty!"

Pretty fingernails may not solve all the world’s problems, but they sure help out with mine!

Yesterday I had a pretty rough morning. It was one of those days that everything that could go wrong did go wrong. I was feeling pretty crappy and very down on myself. I HATE feeling that way.

So… I went and got a full set of acrylic nails put on again. I haven’t had acrylic nails since last JULY! That's the longest I've ever gone without them. (I have been trying so hard to conserve money.) But dammit, I needed something to make me feel good. I needed to feel good about myself, and pretty nails always do that. So I splurged and got my eyebrows waxed too! Worked like a charm!

…doing my best Natalie Wood impersonation …

“I feel pretty! Oh so pretty!
I feel pretty, and witty and briiiiight!”

6 comments:

Sheri said...

Is it really pretty and witty and bright? I always thought it was pretty and witty and wise! Have I been singing it wrong all these years?? I don't do nails anymore but having my eye brows done sure does lift my spirits!

kate said...

Oh see, I think it's "Pretty and witty and GAAAAAAY."

I'm glad you pampered yourself a little bit! We all need that sometimes. In fact I'm going to get my eyebrows done after work. There are currently small woodland animals living in them.

Jodi said...

Glad you got all purdy sister. I've seriously thought about having my brows tatooed. They never came back after chemo but I wear long bangs so you can't really tell!

Linda said...

I thought it was "pretty and witty and gay" too, but I double checked on Google. And Google is NEVER wrong!

I need to actually SEE West Side Story someday... and My Fair Lady, and Breakfast at Tiffanys. I've never seen ANY of those classics! Can you believe it?

kate said...

OH yeah, you do have to see those movies!! David and I have a looong-running argument about which is the better musical: he says West Side Story but I, as you can imagine, vote Sound of Music.

Breakfast at Tiffany's is fabulous. I haven't seen My Fair Lady. Also love Funny Face (another Audrey Hepburn movie) and Gigi. Have you seen those?

Dee said...

I don't like the story line of Tiffany's----its morbid, sad and the poor girl is nuts. damaged.

I've seen Sound of Music tooooooo many times but I love old musicals. When I run across one I just plop down in my chair to stay and watch every moment of it. My favorite---anything with Debbie Reynolds---lord she was adorable.

Sorry you had a crumby day ! Are you all better now? Sure hope so!
luper !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!