Wednesday, April 14, 2010

It's time,...

I haven’t posted to this blog since I left Anacortes. I just haven’t had it in me "to explain’… But I want to get back to blogging, so here I go. (Pretty much everybody knows by now anyway.)

I left Anacortes shortly after Sid and I returned from our sailing trip on Quest. Things just didn’t work for us, so I’ve moved to Portland where I have a much better chance of finding work. I will miss Sid, Bo and Anacortes very much.

What amazes me is realizing just how much I will miss Quest. It breaks my heart that I will not see her again. I loved her so much. She is a beautiful, spirited boat. She taught me so much, and she was so patient with me. She and Sid made one of my dreams come true, and for that I will ALWAYS be grateful. I had SUCH a wonderful time writing about our adventure. I’m sure Quest will have a new ‘First Mate’ when she heads out this fall,… Be good to her for me.


Giving Quest a good-bye hug!


Now… on to new things….

2 comments:

Jodi said...

I'm glad you had such a wonderful opportunity. It's now on to a new adventure and to see what life has to offer! I have a feeling good things are coming your way! (isn't that a song?)

Looking forward to more posts! Blogging can be such good therapy.

Dee said...

You got to have that dream, you'll have beautiful memories and some that are perfectly ok to forget. Not all of our dreams come true (hell, few do) and then not quite the perfect way one has hoped. But, there's another one off the Bucket List. Atta Girl.

ON TO ANOTHER LISTING ON THE BL.