Saturday, April 17, 2010

I start tomorrow!

Tomorrow I start my new job at Dennis Seven Dees Garden Center. I will be at the Cedar Hills location. There are actually 5 Seven Dees Nurserys. 3 'Dennis' Seven Dees locations and 2 'Drakes' Seven Dees locations.

They are starting me at a fairly good hourly rate, and the manager said if I live up to the rave reviews that my references, (past employers) gave me, I would probably get a raise soon. Yippee-skippee!

In case you're wondering about the strange name, 'cuz I was curious about it so I asked:

Basically, Dad (back in the 40's and 50's), had seven kids, all their names started with D. So he named his nursery Seven Dee's. Well, Dad retired years ago, and only Drake and Dennis had an interest in the company business, so they took over, but quickly realized they have very different ideas of how the business should be run. So there are both, Dennis Seven Dees and Drake Seven Dees. ODD.

3 comments:

Jodi said...

I'm so happy! I hope your boss and co-workers are nice and easy to work with and that you enjoy every minute of every day! (ok, that probably won't happen or you wouldn't be human)

LeAnn said...

Yeah!

you owe me!

:)

lisa said...

good job mom im proud