Friday, May 21, 2010

I’m going on an Adventure!

My friend, Dan Danner, (New Zealand-Martin’s brother), is a wonderful photographer. I’ve told him I’d love to ‘follow’ him around on one of his photography expeditions some day.

Well, how cool is this?
He’s going to Victoria BC and invited me to tag along! So I’m driving up to Vancouver, BC on Tuesday night, where we will meet up to take the ferry over to Victoria early Wednesday morning. I only have two days off, so MY time up there will be short, with a couple of long drives on either end, but it will be so cool to watch this master at work!

He does such amazing things with angles and lighting and textures….

Here are a few of Dan’s photos…


These first two are along the Columbia River near Astoria, OR where Dan lives.




This is Port Townsend, WA
These next two are Yorktown, Virginia, where Dan lived before moving to Astoria last fall.




Note: The down side to this adventure is that Maggie doesn't get to go on this one, because it's 'international' and I don't have a pet passport for her yet. Guess I'm going to need to get her one. But dear sweet Bob, the one who hates puppy kisses, has agreed to take care of her for me. (She's going to be totally spoiled by the time I get back!)

4 comments:

Jodi said...

Well how fun is that! I hope you enjoy yourself. Is Maggie going?

kate said...

Fun!! Victoria is so cool; it feels like you're in a "real" foreign city. Which, I guess, you are. Remember on the Alaska cruise when you and Ken and Eric and I went in to Victoria and watched that street performer guy wrap himself in...what was it? Plastic wrap? I can't really remember what he did but I know we all thought he was amazing.

Have fun sister!!

Dee said...

Kate, Linda was telling me about him this morning. It was a very short visit but you can say you were there. I remember I didn't go as the shore time was too short to really see anything.

It will be a beautiful trip for you, Lala and a learning experience too.

enjoy !

Sheri said...

Linda, we take our dogs into Canada all the time. I think the only thing we ever needed was a health cert.....easily gotten from any vet. They never even asked to see it at the border though. Unless something has changed, Maggie should be able to go with you.