Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Puppy!!!!!

This is my little Maggie.
I got to hold her today, and I didn't want to give her back. But she's too little to come home with me right now, so I have to wait until I get back from Boise, May 16th-ish.

I have wanted a dog for 4 years, but I kept waiting until I was more settled. But now I've decided that - like having children - if you wait until you can afford it, and until everything is perfect in your life, it will simply never happen. So now is the time!

After picking her out, I went shopping for 'puppy stuff'. I bought her a collar, leash, dishes, food, treats, and rubber chew toys. It was so fun!

Mom came up with her name. The process was kind of funny...

I've been having a terrible time coming up with a name. I always give my pets 'people' names. I was telling mom about some dumb dog names I heard, and I told her I knew a lady that had two poodles named Black Velvet and Apricot Brandy. (major eye roll!) Being funny, Mom said, "Well, today is Cinco de Mayo, so you should name her Margarita!" And I thought, "Oh my gosh, that's cute, Margarita for Cinco de Mayo, and I'll call her Maggie for short." We both liked it right away! So, Maggie it is!
Thanks Mom!

I am so excited! It will be so nice to have a snuggly little girl.

2 comments:

Jodi said...

She is absolutely adorable and I'm so glad you're getting her! I know Bob will love her too.

kate said...

She is so cute!!! She looks exactly what I'd imagine Bea looked like as a puppy.

You're going to love having her; they are a big dog in a smallish body. Sometimes Bea gets playful and excited and does what we call "Turbo Corgi", she RACES around the yard as fast as her little legs can go. Corgi's have the funniest personality. Can't wait to meet yours!!