Saturday, June 12, 2010

privacy in blogging...

You know, in the past couple of days, I've had two great subjects to blog about. But it's funny, since I made my blog private, it's just no fun.

Part of the fun of blogging, is putting your thoughts 'out there' for the whole world to see. But with it made private, heck why not just send an email?

So with the beautiful beach art that is what I did, I just sent an email instead of blogging.
- yawn-

And the second subject, one that really gets my dander up:

Abby Sunderland -The 16 year old girl that was trying to sail solo around the world to break the "youngest solo circumnatigation" record.

I was really going to do some serious blogging about the whole fiasco of sending a little girl out on a 40 foot sailboat alone! For gosh sake, that is the size of Quest! That's a big boat, with huge sails. There is a lot of strength required to sail a vessel like that, even if everything on it is electric, it's still a lot for a little girl alone! Sid and I had our hands full a couple of times in some weird weather, and that was still a cake walk considering what was expected of Abby.

Oh and then there is the expense of her rescue, (and who will pay for it?). Will Daddy get the bill???

But the best part,...the fact that her father has stated that "the family will not be elaborating on the problems that lead to the emergency." Gee! REALLY??? That's a shocker! WHY???

1. Could it be because a little girl shouldn't be out there in the first place?

2. Or that she didn't have the strenth to cut away the sails from the broken mast, to keep it from pulling her over or pulling her down?

3. Or that she was out in one of the worst areas on the planet, at the worst time of year, because waiting for a better weather window would have made her miss the 'youngest' record?

4...

5....

6......

GRRRRR!!!

I could go on and on, but I'm not going to... because it's just no fun when I can't share my opions with the world.

It just isn't the same at all. Ol' 'Pete' has taken the fun outta blogging.

Maybe I'll wait a few weeks, give 'Peter' a chance to get bored... and then put it back to public view.... -yawn-

No comments: