Saturday, June 12, 2010

Why I changed my blog to 'private'....

For those that don’t know, I had a cyber stalker.
He's some guy from Massachusettes that is pretending to be Peter Richy, the rich guy I wrote about on the Sailing Quest blog. He had the big blue boat that ran into all the little boats during the night.

Well this guy started out just commenting on the Sailing Quest blog saying "This is Peter Richy, and I don't think you should use my name and my boat in your blog." Then he started emailing me. He acted real tough at first, like he was trying to scare me because I blogged about him. But when I didn't respond, he started trying to make friends, saying he's my most avid reader. Then I notice he’d started reading this Hooty Hoot blog. Then he started telling me he wants to be friends and pen pals. So I finally responded, telling him that I knew he was not Peter Richy, but just a bored guy from Lexington, Massachusettes. (I could tell from my site meters, and he was on my blogs ALOT!) He responded with "Good catch!" But I'm still not going away until that post goes away."

The final straw was when I got a call from Sid. He sent Sid a registered letter! Again saying he was Peter Richy and that he wanted his name removed from that particular post. He told Sid that the post could stay, but to just change the names and then we could be friends. Sid was not happy. I told him that I was sure it was not Peter Richy, but I also assured him that I would not only get rid of the post, but the whole blog. I then decided to make all my blogs by invite only.

Seriously, if a rich guy like Peter Richy was really upset about the blog, I would have gotten a letter from his attorney not him!

He would certainly not start with a comment on my blog, then,... send a nasty email, and when I don’t respond, send a nice email trying to be ‘friends’.

And why would a rich guy with 100 foot Italian yacht want to be my 'pen pal'? Yes, he said he wanted to be pen pals!

Just CREEEEPY!

5 comments:

Dee said...

Of course he wanted to be "pen" pals, since that's where he just got out of and in the near future will be going back to. He will need a friend while there.

That is very creepy ! Not a good feeling to have someone like that stalking you, finding addresses, able to contact you in every way. Be very careful, he may not give up.

Sheri said...

Yikes! That is scary and creepy. I hope the guy hasn't figured out where you live, apparently he found Sid's address. Good luck with this creep.

Jodi said...

Obviously he has nothing better to do with his time. I wonder how many other people he's stalking...

Anonymous said...

The excellent message))

Anonymous said...

Excellent! Cheers for doing this article! It had been very beneficial.