Thursday, November 1, 2007

I'll bet being a nudist takes all the fun out of Halloween." ~Author Unknown

Happy Halloween!
I've never been that big on Halloween, it's ok as a kid, but after my 20's I pretty much lost interest. But apparently I'm a minority there, because Halloween is the 2nd biggest retail holiday after Christmas. Simply amazing to me.

At work, everyone had to dress up. I have some great costumes that I've made over the years, but they were all in boxes in Boise, so I had to make due with what I could find here. After shuffling through my closet, and dragging Lisa out to the local "GoodWill" store, I found the makings of a pirate. I honestly think it was the first time Lisa had ever been in a second hand store - and I don't think she was impressed. She claims she got "gungfungeria" on her had from touching something there.

I didn't get to take Gracie to work with me, but I had to at least pose with my parrot. I don't think she liked the feather thing hanging off my scarf. She was eyeing it suspiciously.


This 2nd picture looks like I have gas, but really, it's just an attempt at that evil pirate "Aaarrgh!"

We had such a good time answering the door for all the little "Trick or Treaters". We had a million of them! And here's what all the fuss was about. We found these gummy eyeballs to give out, and word spead like wild fire! We heard kids down the street saying to other kids, " Those guys over there are giving out EYEBALLS!!" It was fun giving out something gross, and the kids loved getting them. Go figure.


Katie and her friend Adam got into the spirit and carved there GREAT pumpkins for our porch. Katie carved the owl, and Adam did the rats. They turned out so cool!



Well, hope you had a great Halloween!

4 comments:

kate said...

Ahoy! Your costume is darling; and you look especially pretty. Being a pirate agrees with you!

Ok. How did Lisa grow up as your child and this was her first time in a thrift store?? You're the "trash to treasure" queen. (Well, second to Jodi anyway...) I can only image the look on her face..."gunfungaria"!! ha!!

PS. The eyeballs were a big hit here, too! Anna totally ignored all the chocolate and went straight for those disgusting things...ick!!!

Anonymous said...

Mom, ya look adorable. XD When you sent me that text, "Aye, it be done! I'll be sendin pics in the marnin! Arrrrggghh!" I was with a group of friends and I read it out loud. They love you :) Kinda like me! Wait a minuite. ME? Love my MOTHER?! ....ah, okay. :)

www.myspace.com/shipperkun
you can get to lisa's page from mine, shes in my top friends.

I LOVE HER!

Jodi said...

LOVE the costume! Too bad Gracie couldn't go to work with you. Actually, I think you would have drawn more attention as a nudist - there's lots of pirates but I have to admit, I've never seen a nudist costume!

Dee said...

Hey, I missed that one ! I was going back through older blogs and found that one ! You were adorable. way too pretty to be a pirate ! And Grace looks right at home----completes the outfit.

I hope Lisa's gungfungaria is better by now and she's stopped itching. !