Monday, May 12, 2008

Smart Cookie...


Lisa is an amazing young woman, and Im sure I'd feel this way even if I wasn't her mother.

Damn she is smart.! She always got A's and B's in school, without even trying. And I knew that she had street smarts and more common sense than most people I know. But she is truely wise beyond her years. I am frequenly asking for her opinion and advise on stuff because she is just so sharp and level headed. She is so aware of everything all around her. She blows me away sometimes. OH, plus, she KICKED MY BUTT in a trivia game 3 times in a row! Brat! (I think she was cheatin' but I haven't figured out how yet...)

She also has the biggest heart in the world. She is so caring, considerate and thoughtful of others. She would rather die than hurt someones feelings. And she would happily give her last dollar to a total stranger if she thought they really needed it.

In fact, I remember in grade school, she was always giving her lunch money to a little girl that was very poor and didn't get to eat much. Lisa would come home starving. But she just kept doing it. She'd say, "Mom, I know Susie, (I can't remember the girls name), doesn't ever get breakfast, and sometimes not dinner, so she needed my lunch more than I did." Ken and I finally started giving her extra lunch money every day so they could both eat.

I love you Lisa, and I am so proud of who you are. ^ _ ^

2 comments:

Dee said...

What a lovely tribute to a lovely lady. Lisa is beautiful and best of all has a beautiful heart !
Aren't we lucky to have her and all our girls in our lives !
love you Lisa and Lala......

kate said...

AAAAawwwwwww!!! That is a great post. Lisa is a sweetie...and look at her workin' those boobies!! :)