Thursday, May 29, 2008

I wonder....

There is very little that I like LESS than throwing away $700 a month in rent. What a waste of money. So I'm wondering if I could qualify to buy a house...??? I would love to find a tiny little cottage somewhere. I know I couldn't qualify for much, but even if it needed some minor work, I'm fairly handy... Hmmm, I have a customer at work that is a realtor. I think I might call her and see if she can coach me on how/where to pre-qualify.
Yeah, I know, I'm probably setting myself up for disappointment.... but I HATE paying rent. And heaven knows it would give me something to do, something to look forward to.... (I'm like Jodi there, I need something to look forward to.) ^_^


7 comments:

Jodi said...

Hey, it's always worth it to see whats out there!

Linda said...

Jodi, you are quick! You posted before I even finished writing! LOL!!

Jodi said...

How could that happen?

Linda said...

Well, I post it, then go to my blog see how it looks, then I go back into the dashboard to finish it.

Jodi said...

I know what you mean sister. We all need something to look forward to/feel like we're doing with our lives. I'm going to blog in a minute about something I found that I've signed up for. You ought to consider looking for something similar. It's free and should be a lot of fun. In fact, next summer I think I'll try to do 3 or 4 camps.

kate said...

Aww sis, that would be so cool! I hope it works for you!

Dee said...

I hope you can qualify, as it IS such a waste of money to pay rent, especially for a terrible apartment. That is so depressing and a house of your own, even a fixer-upper would be something to be proud of. After all the work its "look what I did" !!!!!!!!
Good luck. darlin' !