Monday, June 2, 2008

Update from Lala Land...

Not too much going on in Lala Land, but here's an update:
Bob came in to work yesterday to bring me some mail. I was so excited to see him! I grabbed him and hugged him. We visisted for quite a while. I hugged him again when he left. And then I promptly teared up as he walked away. (sigh...) I miss the butt head.

I'm still loosing weight, although it's no longer intentional. I stopped 'trying' to loose when I hit 127 lbs. But now I'm down to 121 lbs. I've lost 6 more in just the last couple of months. I hope I don't keep loosing! I'm down by 21 lbs since last August. Over 25% of that has been since I moved. Hmm,... But I'm starting a new fashion trend, safety pins in the sides of my pants! Might be time to go shopping for smaller pants. I've been resorting to borrowing Lisa's pants when I have a date, and safety pins aren't suitable. (pathetic....)

I've been going out on lots of dates. That is fun. I had a great dancer, Mark, take me out dancing the other night. This guy was good! It was so much fun! But no chemistry on my part, and too much on his, so I doubt I'll see him again. There's another guy, Eddy, that seems funny and fun. I'm meeting him for the first time, for dinner tomorrow. We'll see how that goes. Then there is Ron,(a different Ron), he's my favorite. He is adorable, and fun and just a tiny bit bashful, which is very endearing. We've gone out 3 times and had so much fun together. I could go crazy for this one, but I'm trying very hard not to. Because I genuinely like him, I have a feeling he could bolt and any time! There is another one up in Anacortes, (the San Juan Islands) that wants to meet. Not sure about him yet, more talking and learning to do first.
(sigh... so many men, so little time.)

Well, such is life in Lala Land.

5 comments:

Jodi said...

Great to finally see an update! Time to stop losing weight however. I know it's hard, but try to remember that what you were probably tearing up over when Bob left, was not what WAS, but what you hoped WOULD BE. Two very different things.

You're gonna be FINE! JUST FINE! Can't wait to see you in July sister!

Linda said...

Exactly, not what was, but what I had hoped would be.

Dee said...

I agree with Jodi. Its the good times you miss, the companionship, when it was right and the good memories that make you forget why you left. Everyone needs someone who loves you unconditionally, supports you and doesn't run you down. But its good that you can visit.
As for others, enjoy ! But out-of-town guys just don't work----long distance "friends" are just that, friends. And you can't date, so what's the use. Its a waste of time and thought.
You date different men for what they are, -- dancer, or great conversationalist, or spontaneity, or traveler----etc. And all that and more will almost never be found in one person.
So get out and continue doing what you're doin----have a GOOD time with different ones. Atta girl!

Dee said...

Gee, I blathered on so much, I forgot the weight loss. Bob was trying to get you to eat "meals" instead of junk. And that must be what you are doing now, ----- its much easier to eat junk than fix a meal. You are lost without a guy who cooks for you , huh?

kate said...

Good update sis! And we all agree; it is perfectly normal to mourne what "could have been" with Bob. The key is to remember that it WASN'T. (wonderful, that is.)

I'm glad you're experiencing the whole "box of chocolates". Poke 'em all to see what's inside and you don't have to commit to any one of 'em!