Sunday, June 22, 2008

Dewitt! Dewitt! Dewitt!

Gracie has a new pet. She's been very unhappy since I've moved to this apartment. She's home alone more, and in her cage more. She's always had an active family environment, and even when she was home alone, she's always had a cat or some other pet there with her. Anyway, she has plucked her poor little chest to bare naked! So I figured, I'd better do something before she plucks everything else. So I bought her a pet. Lisa and I went and picked out a parakeet for Grace.

This is Dewitt.

Gracie named him. I'm not sure what "dewitt" means, but it's something Gracie just started saying, so we figure that's the parakeets name. He's a cute little guy, and quite the escape artist too. He's in a cage that is meant for a larger bird, so if he smashes himself really flat, he can squeeze throught the bars.

Gracie was afraid of Dewitt when we first brought brought him home. But now I think she likes him. Not sure. But I hope this helps her, because otherwise, I'm going to have to find her another home. (which I will HATE!) But I just don't see my life returning to what she or I would concider "normal" anytime soon.
- sigh -
Poor Gracie bird.


3 comments:

kate said...

Oh, he's pretty. I think he's just what Gracie needs!

Jodi said...

Dewitt is very handsome! Probably Grace will fall in love with him and you'll have African Paragreys. Do you think that possible??????? Man you could sell them for a ton!

Dee said...

Jodi I think you have something there! And that comes to mind cuz you have a Goldendoodle? no, what is Daisy?
Parakeets are so cute and can be so funny. I'll bet Gracie teaches it to talk. Then you'll have TWO of 'em yaking all the time. I sure hope Dewitt ( is it De Wit of Dew Wit?) (perhaps Gracie is saying doit) helps Gracie's lonliness and she stops plucking. That's ugly.