Friday, June 6, 2008

How cute is this?

I decided it was time to make my bedroom a nice place to be. So I spent a little time and lots of money on it.
The first thing I needed was a box spring. I had just the top mattress and it sat really low and felt really weird. So I bought a box spring, and then realized I needed a way to get it home. Good ol' Lisa, she's always up for an adventure. So we bought some rope and went to pick up my mattress. I'm sure the two guys in the mattress store got a kick out of watching us tie it down and drive off. We were laughing and having fun the whole way! But it rode fine all the way home. I lived with Ken and Bob - two perfectionists when it comes to tying down loads. Trust me, I have been TAUGHT how to do correctly!
I also have been using a bedspread that I think was Kates in Junior High. It had been used to pad furniture in my many moves, so it was looking pretty bad, even after I washed it. So I got this cute pink white and black set. Feminine, but still a little classy. I was so excited to get it all put together. It's so cheery and inviting now. And my bed is tall and fluffy! This set looks so cute with Mom's old bed and dresser. (I still LOVE this bed and dresser set! Thanks Mom.)
I have a grown up room now!!!





(double click to see the details on my dresser. My violets are blooming and I have photos of the girls, etc. :o)

5 comments:

Jodi said...

That's so cute! No matter where you live, you have to have one space that's yours and comfortable! I love the pink and black - it's very YOU!

Dee said...

That is beautiful ! I love the knobs on the dresser and I LOVE that you have our "Girls Weekend" picture on the wall. I have that and another year picture on my dresser. It brings back lovely memories and love for you all when I look at them.
Good job of picking out comforter etc. Enjoy your room , it really looks like a haven.

kate said...

Yay!! You're a grown-up now! :) I LOVE the bedding you picked out; it must just make you happy to walk into your room now and have it be your little sanctuary. I'm happy for ya sis!

Jodi said...

I see you have your "pretty" Scentsy warmer in your room!

Unknown said...

Totally cute!